Sunday, September 4, 2011

I think I might have jealousy issues

But really.
Where have you gone?
I miss you two.
I don't see you two.
I see you two.
I stalk you two.
I love you two.
Maybe we need to boycott high school.

I wish I had something philosophical to say. Here's my best shot:
In lew of sounding ridiculously trite, you are the kind of friends I want to have to leave footprints in my heart. (Or however that saying goes). But I feel like I want to throw it all to fate. But I know I can't, because to keep this going we need to work. We have the whole issue of high school and I don't want you two to become one of those stories I tell my kids when I look back: "Oh, I used to be really close with them until junior year. We just drifted apart."
But I also don't want to be grasping at air.
I think the truth of the matter is that friends come and go but you have to let some of htem stay. And I love you two. And you mean the world to me. The moments, the fights, the dumb arguments, the tears, the conversations, the studying, the classes, the inside jokes... they are all fundamental parts of my being that I would be missing if not for you. And... I also wouldn't be able to spell future correctly.
I think that we get so caught up in everything that we forget the one thing. Because this is always supposed to be there. Becaue it always will be. And this friendship isn't just built on shallow need. It seems sometimes it comes to that. But there are these strange bonds of trust and experience. We started like the lamb and ended like the tyger. But oh William Blake, he comes to us differently. We may not have the same religion, skin tone, life styles, families. But we are all the same- sisters. We have this bond that can stretch the twelve miles up the road to Sara and the extra two to Em. We have the bond that can regenerate joy with a meeting twice a year. But we have to build it up. We have to reconnect the frayed parts.
Because I need you two.


I think I may have already said that and that is sort of a petty stupid rant (like my last post). But I loveeee you.

So don't leave.

Thanks.
Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment